Monday, March 28, 2011

Craft of the day: Card #2 Tanty!!

"Tanty!!! I luv yuh cooking"

"She could work miracles... Or feed twenty people on a stew made from fallen-from-the-head cabbage leaves and a carrot and a cho-cho and a palmful of meat."
-"I Am Becoming My Mother" by Lorna Goodison (1986)

There's something very comforting about the memories of my grannies', aunts, and extended aunts' cooking. I remember when we would go to Grenada on vacation to visit my grandmother and as we drove into the "gap", the scent from the kitchen would linger out, greeting us in. This is the inspiration for my card #2.






As soon as I found this pot and spoon, I knew the layout.






I added my granny's skeleton key to this card as well to add an extra vintage appeal. I love headties, especially madras ties...reminds me of my dancing days, so I had to cover Tanty's hair.






Hope you enjoyed this card and if you have any questions, please email me at MangoPaperScissors@gmail.com.

Blessings,
Shanti

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Brooklyn via CaribDreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment