Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring is in the Air: Herbal Home Cleanser


When I was a child, Saturday mornings in our house used to be a "fete" while cleaning. The sounds of WLIB radio station can be heard from our windows with the latest Soca chunes from the Caribbean. I LOVED CLEANING TIME!
Well when spring came around, you can smell it in the air. My mum would open all the windows in the house to allow the winter's ole' air to escape and for the spring air to enter. INHALE-EXHALE!
My mother used to boil cinnamon and spice, not only for teas, but also to freshen the air, especially when she was cooking fish or something with curry.
I decided to make my own personal blend for the Spring!
Shanti's Spring Blend:
1. Chamomile tea bag
2. 2 sprigs of Rosemary
3. 2 sprigs of Sage
4. Cheese cloth or even a pair of tights
5. Twine
























Cut a piece of cheese cloth or you can use a pair of tights.












Place the herbal blends and tea bag in the cheese cloth.











Make sure to wrap and fold the contents tightly so it doesn't escape while boiling.












I then tie some twine around the fragrant blend.












Then place the packaged blend into boiling water for about 20-30 min. I let it sit after that and just take its course in the house. I like to open the windows while the blend starts to take effect.

Tip: I actually used the blend while the water is still warm as an herbal facial steam bath!

GIVEAWAY:
For my giveaway on Mango-Paper-Scissors, the first two people to email me the phrase "Spring Time" @ MangoPaperScissors@gmail.com will be blessed with an awesome package filled with surprises.

Enjoy,
Peace & Blessings
Shanti


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone



No comments:

Post a Comment