Monday, August 1, 2011

Rabbit+Rabbit+Rabbit: 30 Days of Lists, Growth, and Revamping!!!


I love traditions, and one carried down from my granny to my mum is saying "Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit" on the first day of every month (I think my mum sneaks one in even after midnight). It is said that anyone who wakes up in the morning and say Rabbit 3x are due good luck for the rest of the month. I used to giggle at my mum for doing it but NOW I understand the power this can have on you. I use this tradition as a tool to sit down the day before the 1st and prepare notes, lists, and a plan for the month. Then I meditate on it, say a prayer, and wake up the next day saying Rabbit 3x, remembering my journey for the month. This keeps me accountable for my life and to look forward for what's to come.

What's going on in 30 Days +1!

As I welcome August, I see it as the last official month of summer because September opens up a new semester of school, back to work for teachers, and it gets darker earlier, so I try to get all my summer wishes done within this time frame...I also have some amazing projects coming up I want you to look out for:

30 Days of Lists:
Besides making jewelry with Aye' Shanti Designs, I looove working on scrapbooks, art journaling, and everything paper! I found this lovely group called 30 Days of Lists and I have the opportunity to be one of sponsors. Now you may be asking me what exactly is this group:


About

Not everyone can make a mini scrapbook every week or an art journal page every night.
30 Days of Lists is our encouragement and challenge to you that you CAN journal just something every day – even something as small as a list.
Every day through the month of September we will be posting a list prompt – anything from weekend goals to celebrity crushes. At the end of the 30 days you’ll have a collection of entries creating a small snapshot of your life right now.
Only 5-10 minutes per day are really needed. While you’re waiting for someone, or when you’re the passenger in the car. You can even download the list topics ahead of time to get a jump start!
That’s all.
Just write.
There’s no wrong way to do this and if you don’t like a prompt on a certain day, just change it.
So TODAY is the first day of Pre-Registration and it comes with lots of goodies to get started for this challenge in September even a little something from me. I've heard such great things and I think you should check it out. This is a great project for someone who loves artful challenges but can't spend too much time at it. This is a quick, informative, and easy challenge SO SIGN UP!
I'm also going to be using these 30 Days as a preparation for myself for a fashion show that's happening September 3rd (I'll keep you posted) and also to get myself ready to work out more. I'm trying to say "work out" without already feeling tired lol. I want to learn to enjoy exercising and get myself back on track with out dreading it. So, from time to time, I will share or mention something of the sort like my crunches, my training in the gym, or what I'm eating lol.




My new trainers/sneakers for the journey!
I think this will allow me to be accountable with my projects if I challenge myself with a time frame. I don't have a wedding to attend (YET heehee) or a high school reunion, so this is just a challenge for myself!
SO I WELCOME AUGUST WITH OPEN ARMS AND FULL OF EXCITEMENT!

2 comments:

  1. I have never heard about the Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit saying. Maybe it is because of my background but I like it either way. And like that it helps keep you accountable for the month ahead. Anything that can help with that right?

    I am so excited about the #30Lists as well I just signed up and am ready to go. Just found your blog through the private blog for #30List!

    Hope you have a wonderful rest of your summer full of adventures and I will be back to creep around at your lists and other goodies!
    Much Love,
    Crystal
    thehouseofhearts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi CrystalL! I believe this childhood game comes from England but definitely something some people I know do in the Caribbean. I found some others here in America who do it, so it's kind of cool! And I definitely need something to make me accountable! lol

    I'm so excited as well for #30 lists and can't wait for September to get started!
    I will definitely be looking out for you and check out www.thehouseofhearts.com.
    Btw, love your name. It was my sister's name so thanks for just spreading a lil Crystal light to my day!

    ReplyDelete