Monday, May 9, 2011

My Trinity of Love Inspired Mother's Day

"A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life." - Isadora James

(via www.scrapbook.com)

My mother's day was just amazing. I surprised my mum Sunday morning at church, and to my surprise she was singing some solos for her choir and it brought tears to my eyes. As I sat there, I kept thinking about my sister as well, as if it was "Sister's Day" or something. For 17 years of my life, it was just us, a trinity of women in my family which included myself, my younger sister, and my mum.





This Mother's Day, I created greeting cards for a client's sister (notice the hibiscus), and it made me even more nostalgic for my "Chrissy".

Even though it's 11 years of her spiritual transition, it never leaves my mind, and as I prepared our mother's day gift, I felt her guidance in the preparation of it. So, I admit, as much I try to DIY every gift or card, I did buy one of her favorite hand cremes (perhaps next year I'll make my own) but majority of her gifts were hand-made.









I created this hand painted collage which includes some scraps of K&Company Designer paper, acrylic paints, mod podge, Color Mists, paper sunflowers, and butterfly/angel wings in memory of my sister.

Sunflowers were my sister's favorites and she used to give them to friends when they were down. She was very much an old soul and loved vintage pieces like me.











So I also created a hat pain, with a crystal from my mother's broken necklace, and pierced it into some paper punched sunflower petals. Life is so inevitable, I take every inspiration, every memory, every smell, sound, touch or taste in mind, and let it flow through my work.
Have a blessed day and LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!
Shanti



Location:In that place of my heart where memories are.

No comments:

Post a Comment