Thursday, April 28, 2011

Green Good Friday!!

Happy Earth Day and also Happy Good Friday!! Double duty of crafts and spiritual connection is inspiring! For Earth Day and Easter Weekend, I've decided to connect the both in a craft that allows me to REUSE my favorite recyclable items from a brown paper bag, the Caribbean Life newspaper, lots of paints, and a creative idea.



Paper Painted Flowers:




Tim Holtz Flower Die Cuts, painted with turquoise & metallic gold paints, and a jewel in the middle. A mix of the brown paper, the paints, and a crumbling effect while drying, really gave a vintage oxidized patina effect! I used to do add water to my pennies to create that color. I LOVE IT!!



Earth Day Egg Box:
I used an egg shape box and painted it with some Ranger Color Wash in "Stream" and some Mister Huey's Color Mist in "Clove" for this planet earth look. I then cut some words from the "Caribbean Life" newspaper and Mod Podged it to the box. This is a perfect gift box to celebrate Earth Day, you can fill it with seeds or possibly a letter to a loved one.







Also, the egg shape reminds me so much of when I was in elementary school. The teacher gave us some thoughts about the egg being used around Easter, as a context to remind us that like an egg that breaks, and a chick is born, it's a celebration of New Life... I'm thankful for that lesson!



Enjoy this weekend if it's in church, a temple, a garden, and with family...

Blessings,
Shanti

No comments:

Post a Comment