Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer Crafting: African Fabric Wooden Initials, Book Quilt, & Mini Book




So for my babes birthday, I decided to create something hand made (of course!) to decorate the house which will be one of the surprises. I saw these wooden initials at the Michael's craft store (with a great coupon, I paid just under a dollar for each) and thought this would make the perfect gift or home decor.


I had some extra fabric squares from another project and decided to mod podge it to our initials.



Here's a list of what you need:
Wood Initials or any wood design of choice
Mod Podge
Scissors
Fabric or Paper
Paint/Sponge brushes (Large & Small to get the tiny corners)
And make sure to cover the area you're working on
Apply the Mod Podge to the wooden surface, then place the fabric over, and then some more Mod Podge
Let dry and find the spot to enjoy them!!
I can't wait to create them for my god-Children's room!!! (stay tune)





I was having soooo much fun, that I decided to decorate my art journal and also a mini book I created with one sheet of paper (which I will give you the step by step another day)











If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me @ mangopaperscissors.blogspot.com!

Have a blessed day,
Shanti

No comments:

Post a Comment